Our submission deadline for the Spring 2010 issue was December 20th, 2009
Guidelines for Essays (6-10 selected each issue)
The following genres may be submitted: personal narratives, features, human interest pieces, satires, researched essays, reflections, meditations, and textual & cultural analyses.
- We have no word requirement, but most published pieces range from 1,000 to 5,000 words.
- We have a policy of blind selection. Please do not include your name anywhere in the body of your submission
- Do include a brief note in the email introducing yourself and your submission.
Guidelines for Visual Media (10-15 selected)
- We accept photography, paintings, drawings, and computer art.
- Cover art will be printed in full color and should be of dimensions 6x9 inches. It will include the name of the journal and the issue number (see examples).
- Artwork published within the journal will be printed in b&w, though we make make a limited run of color interiors. The images will also be displayed on our online version, where they will be full color.
- There are no restrictions or thematic guidelines for subject matter.
- Submissions can be png, jpg, jpeg, or gif file type, and don't need to be full resolution. Something like 800x600 pixels is fine, and must be smaller than 2mb in size.
- There is no limit on the number of pieces an individual artist can submit.